Tankless Water Heater Services in Iowa City
Installing a tankless water heater is a great way for any homeowner to save money by decreasing the amount they spend on utilities with traditional heating units. If it sounds too good to be true, it is not! These innovative systems provide hot water only when you need it, which means they use less energy and water. Beyond these benefits, tankless units are much smaller than traditional water heaters and have also proven to be more durable.
Do you want to know how you could cash in on these advantages? Contact Iowa City’s tankless water heater experts, Ackerman Plumbing. From helping you determine what system is right for your home to providing routine maintenance, we have you covered. Contact us today to find out what our experienced team can do for you. We are eager to help homeowners across Johnson County reap the benefits of these technologies.
“They offer fair and reasonable pricing and everyone I interacted with was very courteous.” Nic F.
“I definitely will share this experience with friends and families and will call them back for any future plumbing needs!” Ivonne C.
“I would use Ackerman again and would recommend it.” Kim T.
There are a variety of tankless water heaters out there, each with its advantages. The differences between units largely concern how they produce hot water. Generally, some technologies use gas and others rely on electricity.
Below are brief descriptions of the two:
- Gas systems use propane or natural gas to heat water on demand. They typically work faster than electric units. Depending on where you live, they could also cost less to power because the price of gas is often cheaper than electricity.
- Electric units are the most inexpensive to purchase upfront. They can also fit virtually anywhere in your home because they are compact and do not need ventilation like gas units.
It is important to note that there are two different kinds of gas-power tankless water heaters: condensing and non-condensing. A condensing water heater harnesses energy from its exhaust and reuses it. Non-condensing systems do not.
There are additional tradeoffs between the two. Condensing units can be more expensive upfront, but the possible savings from their energy efficiency can be bigger than what you get from other systems. Non-condensing technologies are cheaper to buy, but they could be more expensive to install because they need piping to safely transport exhaust outside of your home.
Knowing what kind of system is right for you depends on how much hot water your household uses, your existing plumbing infrastructure, and your budget. At Ackerman Plumbing, we are always happy to consult with homeowners about their tankless options. Contact us today to speak with an Iowa City tankless water heater professional.
Our team stays up to date with the latest technologies in tankless water heaters so we can service any brand or type. No matter the problem you are experiencing with your system, you can trust us to provide a solution.
Common tankless water heater issues and how we fix them:
- Faulty exhaust lines: Units that rely on propane or natural gas must have a ventilation system to transport exhaust safely away. When there is an issue, we can work to identify any blockages or cracks and address them quickly to keep your household free of hazards.
- Mineral buildup: The accumulation of minerals in your system can damage the pipes that transport water in and/or out. We can routinely flush your unit and perform water softening treatments to easily prevent this problem.
- Malfunctioning ignition: If you do not have hot water, it could be a sign that your ignition is not working properly. We can inspect your system and address issues it might have with getting enough fuel, sparking, and more.
Do you want to make it easy to get the maintenance or repairs for your tankless water heater? Join our Total Care Club! By becoming a member, you get an annual whole-home inspection, discounts on repair and maintenance, priority service, and a 2-year warranty on all our work. So many customers have been happy with their perks, and you can be too. Contact us today to find out how you can join!