Prevent Multiple Problems With a Water Softener System
Hard water can be a real problem for your home because dishes and clothes don’t get as clean as they should and the excess minerals start to build up on your fixtures. A water softener from Ackerman Plumbing can help. We install whole-home water softeners throughout the Iowa City and Williamsburg areas.
Hardness in water is really just about the level of minerals in it. Minerals such as limestone, chalk and magnesium can contribute to hardness. Over time, hard water can cause damage to your plumbing, including pipes and fixtures, as these minerals accumulate.
Signs of Water Hardness
- Film left on dishes and silverware after washing
- Clothes aren’t getting as clean as they should
- Deposits left on toilets, sinks and shower heads
- Frequent plumbing breakdowns
You can even test your water easily. Just take a water bottle, fill it halfway with water and then add 10 drops of dish soap. Then, shake it up. If the water is clear and the subs are fluffy, your water is probably fine. If, however, the water is cloudy and there aren’t many suds, then you may need an Ackerman water softener.
“I would use Ackerman again and would recommend it.” Kim T.
“I definitely will share this experience with friends and families and will call them back for any future plumbing needs!” Ivonne C.
“They offer fair and reasonable pricing and everyone I interacted with was very courteous.” Nic F.
Why Ackerman Water Softeners?
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee — If you aren’t completely happy with your new water softener, we’ll keep working until you are.
- Highly Trained Staff — We invest in ongoing training for our plumbers, meaning that we can install the latest softener technology.
- Total Care Club — With Ackerman’s Comfort Care Club, you receive priority service, discounts, annual inspections and extended warranties.
Read ReviewsView Now
Total Care ClubLearn More
Service AreasSee List