Emergency Plumber in Iowa City
24/7 Plumbing Services in Iowa City & The Surrounding Areas
Few things are worse than the stress of a plumbing emergency. These situations can cause you to worry about damage to your pipes, water heater, appliances, fixtures, and the rest of your house, not to mention how much it all might cost to fix. At Ackerman Plumbing, we take pride in restoring our customers’ peace of mind with our emergency plumbing services in Iowa City. We offer same-day appointments, which allow you to get the help you need when it matters the most. Our team is highly trained and works to deliver solutions that can last for years. If you find yourself in a plumbing crisis, you know who to call!
What Is a Plumbing Emergency?
We understand that something like a malfunctioning garbage disposal or a clogged toilet could feel especially urgent. Unfortunately, many things can go wrong with your plumbing that present far bigger risks such as property damage and injury.
Common plumbing emergencies include:
- Flooding: This is one of the biggest emergencies a home could face. Water could cause expensive damage to your carpets, flooring, furniture, and more. It could also affect your home’s electrical and gas systems, which could be dangerous for those in your household.
- Burst pipes: In Iowa City and across Johnson County, we are not strangers to freezing temperatures. When a cold front moves in, liquid in PVC, copper, and other types of pipes could freeze and cause enough pressure to burst them.
- Uncontrollable hot water: This is a scary issue that puts your household at risk of injury and typically indicates something has gone wrong with your water heater.
Luckily for our customers, our team has a wealth of experience handling urgent emergencies like those we have described above. If any of these things happen to your home, call us right away. We can schedule same-day appointments, and our plumbers often fix problems in just one visit.
Why Choose Our Iowa City Plumbers
If you're looking for a reliable and trustworthy plumbing service in Iowa City, look no further than Ackerman Plumbing. As a family-owned company, we understand the importance of providing top-notch customer service and treating our clients like family. Our experienced plumbers are equipped to handle any plumbing issue, big or small, and are available for emergency services 24/7. We take pride in our excellent customer service, ensuring that all of our clients are satisfied with the work we do. When you choose Ackerman Plumbing, you can rest easy knowing that your plumbing needs are in good hands.
“I would use Ackerman again and would recommend it.” Kim T.
“They offer fair and reasonable pricing and everyone I interacted with was very courteous.” Nic F.
“I definitely will share this experience with friends and families and will call them back for any future plumbing needs!” Ivonne C.
To minimize damage and address your emergency fast, you should first call Ackerman Plumbing. While you wait for one of our experienced team members to arrive, there are a few steps you can take to help protect your home.
In a plumbing emergency, you should:
- Turn off the water source that is closest to the problem. If you have flooding in your home, turn off your property’s main water valve.
- Check on your water heater. In the event that you have turned off your main valve, you will want to also turn off your water heater to avoid damaging it. For gas water heaters, make certain to shut off your gas as well before turning it off.
- Take note of the damage. Any information you can give us about the details of the issue will help us provide a solution more quickly.
- Trust us. Over the phone, we can give you crucial guidance on what you should do in your situation, and whether you and your household are in any kind of danger.